Hardee County Community Development’s “Spring Spruce-Up” Program (En Español)
Hardee County has housing grants available for home repairs. Assistance will ensure owner-occupied, single-family, detatched houses (no mobile homes) are safe by addressing:
• Repairs/alterations to improve health, safety & well-being of occupants
• Repairs contributing to structural integrity & preservation of the home
• Modifications to provide accessibility for elderly/physically impaired occupants
• Weatherization activities
• Correcting code violations
Applicant must contractually agree to the program guidelines and total household income adjusted for family size must be within program limits. An interest-free forgivable loan to qualified, eligible applicants will be completed prior to commencing repairs. Loan will be satisfied at the end of the term and does not require repayment if program conditions are met. Preference will be given to elderly and/or physically impaired and lowest income homeowners.
Applications available here.
For additional information or questions, please call (863) 773-6349.